OAORC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving this August, looking to go off roading

2 posters

Go down

Leaving this August, looking to go off roading   Empty Leaving this August, looking to go off roading

Post by Spilgey Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Hey OAORC, i have been off roading 1 time for the 2 1/2 years i have been here and im looking for some people to go off roading with before i leave in august. I have a 1993 Mitsubishi Jeep J53 with 31x10.5 tires.....waiting on 2 more 15" rims to arrive in the mail to mount my 33x12 tires.
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Leaving this August, looking to go off roading   Empty Re: Leaving this August, looking to go off roading

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:04 am

you are gonna rub like a bitch with 33x12's lol but I have been talking with a dude or two about going out here soon. I need to get back out and a got a buddy that wants to get his feet wet. I can let you know when we go out if you want.
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Leaving this August, looking to go off roading   Empty Re: Leaving this August, looking to go off roading

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 am

yeah i figured i would rub with the 33x12's, but im also in the market to buy a lift. Everyone i knew with a 4x4 left the island. That would be awesome if you would let me know the next time you guys go out.
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:19 am

Yea it should be here soon. I rub with my 32's on hard turns..... so i turn less hard lol once my shocks get in I am going to do a slight shackle lift but really am debating do a spring over.

regardless let me ask these fellas when and where they want to go

Is there anywhere you would like to go.... or not like to go
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 am

i will go anywhere. I heard of and seen videos of Onna Point but everyone i know doesnt know where that is. Your jeep looks so familiar, i think a coworker of mine use to own it lol.
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:28 am

I think everyone and their brother has owned this thing. I guy named Chris had it before me. and then apparently a tall skinny kinda gay looking black guy (sorry if that guy is your friend I mean no offense)

regardless I have a "pin" for onna point when we went out there last time. it's not bad but there are doing some construction on the back part so a little bit is cut off but it was still a good time last time we went.
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:38 am

when were you thinking of going back out?
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:55 am

This weekend is kinda shot and next weekend is my kids birthday so maybe that following weekend?
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:58 am

That sounds good, it will give me enough time to wire my winch
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 am

You mounting it right behind the bumper? I thought about getting one... But new seats and a top are a little higher on my list considering my bikini top is the only top I have and 2 of the 3 buckles are broken lol
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:05 am

its not a name brand, but its a portable 6,000 lb winch. until my tow hooks come in, i cant use it in the front but i can use it on the pintle hook in the back. i found a guy in atlanta, ga that can order parts for cheaper than we can get them through the hobby shop. i also need to mount my offroad lights and light bar but my infant twins take up alot of my free time lol
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:11 am

you know the hobby shop is a 30% mark up right? I either go to the jeep guy on 329 or to Mitsubishi but I also look up my own part numbers and shit.

I bought the factory light bar that goes on the front... then my buddy wrapped the tow strap around it when i got stuck and i have yet to fix it. it's all bent and shit but I figured i would also ad a plate and run the winch there.... i also want to make a front bumper... Yea I have too many plans

saturday or sunday good for you? I am not sure where we are goin yet but I can ask around the crowd

Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 am

saturday or sunday is a good time. i go to the jeep guy on 329 too, i finally talked him into selling me the light bar off of the white jeep in front of his garage, lol. i ran into jeremy, the guy with the lifted white jeep, and he converted the leaf springs over his axels. he says its not hard but you have to make a extension for the steering rod
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:27 am

I got a stainless light bar off of him for 3000 yen I believe. I can tell you the more you go there and the more you buy the better prices he gives you. I rent my tires from him for jci as well. 4,000 yen per day in case you need them.

And I will look into the steering rod part of it. Is he a friend of yours? I would like to get some pictures of it
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 am

i wouldnt say he is a friend, just a jeep guy that likes to stop and talk when we happen to be at the same place and the same time. i can get pics of it or his number for you when i run into him again. i still have all 5 of my stock wheels and tires for JCI but i dont need to JCI my jeep anymore cuz im taking it to germany with me. those wheels on your jeep in the pic are the same wheels i have on my jeep in my pic cuz when my friend owned that jeep, we swapped wheels one day for his JCI, lol
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:40 am

Lol I tried running fender flares with my tires and they said I was too wide for a 400 plate. You taking your wheels with your to Germany?

I kinda don't like these rims, and the tires are a bit dry rotted but they are still good so I will rock them for now.

There is a guy selling a set of 32's on black rims for $600
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:42 am

He also has a cj3b full top for $500 that I was going to buy then something came up all brand new
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Spilgey Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:32 pm

i need a top bad cuz germany is gonna kick my ass in the winter with no top lol. i ordered a cj3b top from morris 4x4 but they sent me a cj5 top and it was too small. morris 4x4 wanted me to pay $700 to send it back, i will never order from them again. the guy in atlanta says the cj3b top is too narrow cuz the japanese made the jeep wider when they use the jeep body. a new top here is $4k but the guy in atlanta can get it for $2k. idk if i wanna take the tires and wheels i have on the jeep now, im not a chrome guy, i like the matte black look.
Spilgey
Spilgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Yea they are $1500 on island lol stop going to the hobby shop for prices

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

$1900 for factory
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down