OAORC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island.

3 posters

Go down

Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island. Empty Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island.

Post by West Bound and Down Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:49 am

Name's Chris but people call me Koopa. I wad stationed on Okinawa from 2005-2011 but spent my time driving cars. Last car I had was a white Civic. Left to 29 Palms and bought an 87 4Runner. Now I'm out, I'm going to school for welding but plan on moving back to Okinawa this summer. Planning on buying a '95 Isuzu Trooper aka Big Horn with the 3.1 turbo diesel.

West Bound and Down

Back to top Go down

Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island. Empty Re: Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island.

Post by greengorrila Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 am

parts are hard to find and expensive for the trooper..just a heads up
greengorrila
greengorrila

Back to top Go down

Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island. Empty Re: Not so new guy who'll eventually be on island.

Post by Smokey Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Welcome to the site!

Is there are reason you want a Big Horn? They're not so offroadable, but definitely unique trucks if you can snag one with the diesel.
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Bound and Down Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 am

ARB offers everything I'd want or need and they're relatively cheap in comparrison to parts for my old FJ60. Plus I'll be ordering from the States.

I would love a 4.2L diesel Safari or a diesel 60 or 80's series Cruiser but I can't afford one of those or parts for it. Land Cruiser aftermarket is absurd. Prices are more inflated than our dollar, lol.
Thought about bringing my 4Runner with me but I'm tired of it and it's not suitable for the rainy Oki climate. Bikini top and months of rain don't go together.

So I figure find a mid 90's 3.1L diesel Bighorn with manual locking hubs and I'll be good.

The 4Runner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

West Bound and Down

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Cool runner man, looks like fun. And good luck on your big horn build. thatll be pretty cool to see a big horn all built up
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Bound and Down Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 am

Won't be much, 33's and some OME suspension. Should get me just about anywhere.

West Bound and Down

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah, it'll get you through most of the "daily driver" trails. Just keep in mind these trails out here are for jimny's, not big horns! lol. expect a lot of scratches/ body damage
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down