OAORC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also

4 posters

Go down

Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also Empty Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also

Post by jaschmitt Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Well today I decided to try my hand at some painting on my AE86... right now I am waiting for the base coat to cure and tomorrow I will be spraying the clear, I was a little worried about doing it but once I started I enjoyed it. I hope it comes out good. Here is a before shot, I will post the after on Monday when its all done.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is what it looked like as a Trueno, I think the Coupe looks better as a Levin and Its titled as one anyway

I painted the bumpers, hood, wing, and side skirts gunmetal black, and the fenders color to match the body.

jaschmitt
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also Empty Re: Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also

Post by Smokey Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:45 pm

nice, excited to see some finished pics. Are you color matching the paint from the factory or eye-balling it?
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also Empty Re: Auto Body Paint... I know its not off road but its an adrenaline toy also

Post by jaschmitt Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Smokey wrote:nice, excited to see some finished pics. Are you color matching the paint from the factory or eye-balling it?

A Japanese friend of mine who has a Panda AE86 hatch took my fuel door to a paint shop and had them match it and he got me a 1/2 gallon of the paint for about $160 so it "should" be dead on... depending on my skills Laughing
jaschmitt
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:38 pm

psh, painting is easy. im a beast with a rattle can pirat
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaschmitt Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Smokey wrote:psh, painting is easy. im a beast with a rattle can pirat

lol... thats where I got most of my skill, first time with a gun in an actual paint booth... but I did google how to paint so im good Laughing
jaschmitt
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by jaschmitt Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:37 pm

All tore down parts in the paint booth

Fender before clear, just checking for paint matching looks like its gonna be dead on

Front bumper and wing before clear

Fenders ready for clear, dont worry about the rough look its a metallic paint and the clear will smooth it all out

ALL CLEAR!

I have alot of wet sanding ahead of me, it was a little humid and got some orange peel effect going on the fenders but it will be gone after a week of sanding here and there. Letting the clear dry and putting the car back together tomorrow Cool
jaschmitt
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:13 pm

looks like a really good job, especially for your first time. can't wait to see the finished product
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greengorrila Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 pm

is this Torii's auto hobby?

id it is i didnt know they had a paint boothe
greengorrila
greengorrila

Back to top Go down

Post by jaschmitt Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 pm

DONE... well getting it back together, still needs a good wet sanding and buffing but she looks good

This is what it looked like all cleaned up as a trueno... but I wanted a levin

BEFORE AND AFTER Cool

The back bumper was maroon

jaschmitt
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by jaschmitt Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:08 pm

greengorrila wrote:is this Torii's auto hobby?

id it is i didnt know they had a paint boothe

I am a mechanic at a shop... It has its perks Smile
jaschmitt
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:04 pm

looks pretty good man. and a lot of fun. Twisted Evil
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greengorrila Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 am

i was gonna say....thats a hella nice paint boothe
greengorrila
greengorrila

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Wow I can't brlive I missed this. That looks great! Being your first paint gives me confidence to do some noe. Great thred bro!

Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down