OAORC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

91 Surf 3VZE Engine

3 posters

Go down

91 Surf 3VZE Engine Empty 91 Surf 3VZE Engine

Post by dmp399 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Anyone have experience wrenching on this engine? I am having trouble chasing down a problem. It idles real rough and feels like its bogging up to about 3000 rpms and then kinda "kicks in" and accelerates fine. It also didnt fire after the last typhoon or tropical storm. Like something in the igniton was "wet". I am about to give it a tune up and recheck all the grounds and hit everything I need to with a wire brush. After weeks of reading tons of threads and stuff on the internet if the tune up doesn't work I think the TPS may need to be tuned or replaced. I was hoping to find someone locally that I could bounce ideas off of or could take a look at it. I am really hoping this is something easy. I am not a mechanic by trade its been more of just a hobby for the past 15 years. But this has really got me stumped. Thanks!

Darin

dmp399

Back to top Go down

91 Surf 3VZE Engine Empty Re: 91 Surf 3VZE Engine

Post by Smokey Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 pm

man, that could be anything from a loose vacuum line to a faulty sensor. Just finding out which one and where is the tough spot. lol.

If you want to bring it my house sometime I'd be more than willing to take a look at it. I'm always wrenching on something around the house. My number is 090-3796-6768
Smokey
Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier2000 Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 am

We had a ton of water get into a Jimny one storm. About 1/4 a tank actually and it did some similar things. Sea foam helped a lot.
Cavalier2000
Cavalier2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down