25 September 2011 Spider Alley

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25 September 2011 Spider Alley

Post by Smokey on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 am

Well, it was short, but it was sweet. We went out with the mentality to do nothing "too crazy." Since it was only us two and our maiden voyage to spider alley. Neither one of us had been there before. And we stuck to it til Adam "safari" almost flipped... haha. Had a little bit of carnage, but nothing big. My skidplate, that I knew was going to come off sometime soon, and Adams right rear quarter panel got a couple scratches from supporting his truck upright... but all is well after a good day of 'wheelin, and here are some pictures... ENJOY!

I guess this is why they call it Spider Alley:

On to the 4x4 fun:

And this is where Adam almost flipped... lol. Wish we would of got it when it was only on the two right side wheels... Shocked

JUNKED: '96 Surf, 3.0 TD, 883 & Top Plate spacer/851's, ES9000 shocks, 1" Body lift, Spidertrax, 315/70R17 Duratracs, Rear Spool, 5% tint, turbo timer, & all kinds of custom fabbed stuff

NEW: Tin-top Jimny, winch, locked F&R, SPOA, Missing link shackles, etc. etc...

Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: 25 September 2011 Spider Alley

Post by jaschmitt on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 am

tThe time I went the the battlewagon we had the windows down, no a/c, and had a couple spiders run across my arm, just brushed them off and kept going... I was looking like a crack head the rest of the day after that tho, kept feeling little bugs crawling all over me, freaking out affraid
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 am

Really a fun time over all till I tried to rest the rig on the side wall of the trail lol hope to get out and do it all again soon. Have a grinding noise from the drive shaft u joint I think I I can't figure it out I'll post
On the help page. Smoky and pajaro_girl thanks for the pics!!! And giving me the confidence to not flip lol "Turn Right" haha good ride hope to find more spots around the island.

Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by wrenchheader on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:41 am

Plz, no more evil spider pics lol. Looked like fun though. SA has some tough spots but being close is always nice
wrenchheader

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah, luckily the only spider on the trail, that we saw at least, I caught before it was too late. I had all windows down and the sunroof open! That would have been bad... But you can best believe, that wasn't me getting close to the spider to take the picture, the ol' lady was the one doin that nonsense. lol

And yeah, I liked SA, the only problem was it seemed kind of short. For us at least.. Where the trail Y's and you can either go up a steep hill to the right or a slight hill to the left, we went left at first. that took us to that downhill right after the curve right and was a little more than we planned to tackle today. Also, didn't look like much a turn around point at the bottom of that hill. After that we went right at the Y up that steep hill and after the downhill and mud hole right there, the trail looked just wide enough for a MAYBE the ol' ladys mini cause the left track of the trail just dropped off 4-5 feet. But the mud was nice, it actually had a bottom to it. Unlike Onna Point... ugh... lol

JUNKED: '96 Surf, 3.0 TD, 883 & Top Plate spacer/851's, ES9000 shocks, 1" Body lift, Spidertrax, 315/70R17 Duratracs, Rear Spool, 5% tint, turbo timer, & all kinds of custom fabbed stuff

Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaschmitt on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Smokey wrote:Yeah, luckily the only spider on the trail, that we saw at least, I caught before it was too late. I had all windows down and the sunroof open! That would have been bad... But you can best believe, that wasn't me getting close to the spider to take the picture, the ol' lady was the one doin that nonsense. lol

And yeah, I liked SA, the only problem was it seemed kind of short. For us at least.. Where the trail Y's and you can either go up a steep hill to the right or a slight hill to the left, we went left at first. that took us to that downhill right after the curve right and was a little more than we planned to tackle today. Also, didn't look like much a turn around point at the bottom of that hill. After that we went right at the Y up that steep hill and after the downhill and mud hole right there, the trail looked just wide enough for a MAYBE the ol' ladys mini cause the left track of the trail just dropped off 4-5 feet. But the mud was nice, it actually had a bottom to it. Unlike Onna Point... ugh... lol

SA is not that bad, wish I could have made it so I could show yall the rest, it goes back pretty good, some parts look sketchy but you can make it in an accord Laughing but really as long as you have 4x4 your good
jaschmitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Yeah, that's how most of it seemed. With propped tire placement anything out there is pretty easy. I didn't even think about puttin it in 4 til I went up the hill to the right of the Y

Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoward on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:48 pm

How do I get to spider ally?

Geoward

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:16 am

go north on 58. once you see the big cow and pig on your left its the next red light you want to take a left i believe. follow that down to where the road veers off to the left. follow that to the muns site gate. go left down that trail and its down there. and enjoy!

Smokey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top