OAORC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35" tires, balancing

3 posters

Go down

35" tires, balancing Empty 35" tires, balancing

Post by Safari Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey guys, well I finally got the 35" maxxis creepys put on the truck but now I have what I think a balancing issue.

At around 60kph I get a small (uncontrollably) shake in the steering wheel. The tires are 12.5 wide and on a 15" rim, they have balancing beads in them just don't know how many/weight due to I did not put them there. My real question is should I remove the beads, Add beads, or what? I cannot find a shop that can balance them on a balancer plus I don't think the weights would stay on. Has anyone had experience with these beads? If so your input would be great. Thanks

Also, what psi would y'all recommend to run them at? Street and trail?

Again thanks!

Safari

Back to top Go down

35" tires, balancing Empty Re: 35" tires, balancing

Post by greengorrila Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 am

i have this issue all the time when i get new tires.
Foster typhoon motors can do the balancing. i have had 36x14.50 on there. the only problem is the tread will wear, and you will lose the balance. the previous owner may have tried the Dyna Beads. the concept works, but you probably dont have enough weight. in my 36x14.50 i put 900grams of weight in...yes 900grams, thats over 2lbs per tire. quickest and cheapest way. go to a dive shop (i went to Tsunami Gear) buy 2 5lb soft weights. i have a scale and a tire machine so i might be able to help. if you want me to help, just kick me some cash to help offset the cost of power.as we know electricity aint free here lol!
greengorrila
greengorrila

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Yea any help would be great. The soft weights you mention those are to be mounted weights right? I read of using airsoft pellets around 1,000 per tire, would using balancing beads be a better choice as far as the options I have? Or should I just hit up typhoon and get em on the balancer? Thanks for your help!

Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by greengorrila Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:01 pm

it would be your personal choice at this point, but either way you will/should dismount the tires off the rims, clean everything out from the inside and start fresh.

the "soft" weights im talking about are small bb's in a soft mesh bag that divers use. they are to be poured into the rim and tire like the Dyna beads
greengorrila
greengorrila

Back to top Go down

Post by Safari Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Yea man that would be a huge help! I won't be around from this Sunday to the following Saturday but hell if the Sunday I'll be back for the 23rd or what ever would work for you really.

Yea I was thinking empty em for sure but I'm just not sure if I should bead or weight em. But let me know when. And I sure apreciate the offer!

Safari

Back to top Go down

Post by OkinawaTJ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 am

I had my 33" tires mounted and balanced at Torii and have no issue's.
OkinawaTJ
OkinawaTJ

Back to top Go down

Post by greengorrila Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

true, but when you go to a more aggressive tread pattern and a larger size tire it becomes more of a problem. when i ran 33 mud terrains i just had balanced and ran til they died. now with 35" + tires like boggers and swampers the tread wear is more rapid and dramatically changes the dynamics of the tire balance while on the road
greengorrila
greengorrila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down